Manager ABC, Ontario Liberal Party
The Ontario Liberal Party offers a donation program tied to a provincial Liberal membership which is called the Automatic Bank Charge (ABC) program. It is a simple way for members to donate a pre-authorized amount on a monthly basis. The Liberal member/donor receives an automatic renewal of their membership, a tax receipt and has supported their local riding and/or the central party.
In 2009, the Ontario Liberal Party carried out a comprehensive party innovation initiative to identify new ways to make the organization competitive for the 2011 general election. A number of recommendations focused on enhancing the ABC individual donor program, which has become a successful fundraising tool used by riding associations.
To implement the party’s ABC program, a Manager of ABC position is to be created to lead & support the OLP ABC program leading up to the 2011 provincial election.
• The development of ABC recruitment tools for Provincial Riding Associations (PLAs) including communication materials, toolkits and other materials as required.
• Liaise with PLAs to support local ABC recruitment drive.
• Lead the central party’s ABC recruitment drive for PLAs.
• Work with PLA executives and campaign organizations to include ABC as part of their fundraising plans.
• Work with PLAs to develop local ABC donor recognitions programs.
• Liaise with the Manager of Riding Fundraising at the OLF to integrate the ABC program into local fundraising activities.
• Other duties as required.
• Extensive experience in Liberal organizations (e.g. Riding associations or campaigns) and experience in fundraising
• Extensive experience in relationship building, consultations and communications strategy.
• Excellent oral, presentation and written communications skills combined with superior interpersonal and networking skills.
• Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to manage highly sensitive negotiations and areas of confidentiality pertaining to individual donations and contractual obligations.
• Experience working successfully managing high performance volunteer teams.
• Proven ability to be flexible and to thrive in a high stress creative environment with frequent and competing deadlines, multiple tasks and high performance expectations and exceed goals.
• Flexibility required for working variable hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Some travel required to meet local Liberals in ridings across the province.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and car.
• Some fluency in French
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Toronto (downtown), Ontario at the OLP office
Closing Date: Friday, March 12, 2010. The anticipated start date will be in early April.
How to Apply and for More Information:
For more information or to be considered for this unique opportunity, please email a detailed resume and cover letter or direct inquiries to: Sarah Fink, Executive Director of OLP, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario Liberal Party embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. We appreciate your interest and will contact only successful applicants.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.