Manager of Riding Fundraising, Ontario Liberal Fund
The Ontario Liberal Fund (the Fund) is the fundraising wing of the Ontario Liberal Party. We are a collaborative, professionally run, donor focused organization that, in addition to fundraising, facilitates opportunities for engagement in the democratic process. Through our fundraising efforts, our mission is to ensure that the Ontario Liberal Party has the financial resources to vigorously pursue it agenda in Ontario.
The Manager of Riding Fundraising will be based out of the Fund’s Toronto office and report directly to the President of the Fund and be accountable for implementing a riding fundraising program. This pivotal fundraising position will focus their superior interpersonal skills working “in the field” with a diverse and dedicated group of volunteers. As part of the sales team, your time will be spent assisting member organizations in the planning, organization and execution of local fundraising efforts. A track record of collaboration, consultation, and working with volunteer organizations combined with an affinity for politics will help ensure your success in this role. You are an outgoing, dynamic self starter who thrives working in challenging fast past environment.
• The development of standard fundraising tools for Provincial Liberal Associations (PLA) including communication materials, goods and services supplier lists, toolkits and other materials as required.
• Liaise with PLA’s to support local or regional fundraising events.
• Work with PLA’s and campaign organizations to develop long-term fundraising plans.
• Work with riding associations to develop local donor recognitions programs.
• Liaise with the Manager of the ABC Campaign at OLP to integrate the ABC program into all local fundraising activities.
• Other duties as required.
• Extensive experience in relationship building, consultations and communications strategy.
• Excellent oral, presentation and written communications skills combined with superior interpersonal and networking skills.
• Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to manage highly sensitive negotiations and areas of confidentiality pertaining to individual donations and contractual obligations.
• Experience working successfully managing high performance volunteer teams.
• Proven ability to be flexible and to thrive in a high stress creative environment with frequent and competing deadlines, multiple tasks and high performance expectations and exceed goals.
• Flexibility required for working variable hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and car.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Toronto (downtown), Ontario
Closing Date: Friday, March 12, 2010. The anticipated start date for the position is April 5, 2010.
How to Apply and for More Information:
For more information or to be considered for this unique opportunity, please email a detailed resume and cover letter or direct inquiries in full confidence to: Bobby Walman, President and Chief Fundraising Officer, Ontario Liberal Fund, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario Liberal Fund embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.